☰ open sidebar
The Covid Page
As Covid-19 cases are surging here in Benton County (probably due to the Omicron variant), we want to remind you that only fully vaccinated members may play bridge at the Corvallis Bridge Club and that masks are required. Please make sure your mask consists of at least 2 layers of fabric (preferably more), that it fits snugly, that it completely covers both your nose and mouth, and that it has a nose wire to prevent air from leaking out of the top of the mask. You may remove the mask briefly for eating or drinking.
The Corvallis Bridge Club remains open. Please come and please play safe.
Mavis Tuten, President Corvallis Duplicate Bridge Club
Below are some important links concerning Covid-19 Masking Requirements, Isolation and Exposure, and local Covid Testing sites. Note the self-testing kit listed at the end. I bought it and took it, and have tested negative for the first swab (it requires two swabs).
Note exceptions to the 14-day quarantine (excerpts from both OHA and CDC):
OHA Covid-19 Isolation and Quarantine
" “Substantial exposure” means having been: Within six (6) feet of a confirmed COVID-19 case or presumptive COVID-19 case
for 15 minutes or more within one day." (also defined as 'Close Contact')
Close contacts are required to:
• Quarantine by staying home and at least six (6) feet away from everyone, including household members.
• a shortened quarantine period that balances the risk of disease spread with the impacts on individuals from a longer quarantine, individuals may end quarantine 10 days after their last exposure to a person with COVID-19 if they remain asymptomatic.
CDC Covid-19 Isolation and Quarantine
"Anyone who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 should quarantine for 14 days after their last exposure to that person, except if they meet the following conditions:
Someone who has been fully vaccinated and shows no symptoms of COVID-19 does not need to quarantine. However, fully vaccinated close contacts should:
- Wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until a negative test result.
- Get tested 5-7 days after close contact with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Get tested and isolate immediately if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms."
Oregon Health Authority Covid-19 Guidelines
State of Oregon Masking Requirements
Covid Testing Sites
Enter Zip Code 97330; it will list 15 sites in Corvallis that offer testing.
There are kits available (I got mine from Rice's Pharmacy) for about $30. Easy to do (but please read the instructions carefully first). Results within 15 minutes. My first swab came back negative, and I need to do one more with 24-36 hours of the first one.
Chloe found "QuickVue At-Home OCT Covid-19 Test"; here is a pic of the box: